Sunday, January 24, 2010

Here comes the Mechs - yeah in a Christian comic

I wanted something really cool when I was making my comic and so I dreamed up all the things that I liked and then put together all the things that were sort of possible and in the scope of my comic. What I came up with was this thing that bridged the gap between my Sentinel character and a heavy-duty, kick butt, kind of thing. So, I thought and thought and being a Robotech fan (man I love that stuff) I thought of a mech vehicle that I loved (http://www.kent.net/robotech/mecha/rdf/macii.shtml) and a vehicle that I saw in the first Aliens movie. So, I got this thing that called the WarHammer and it took a while but it worked out pretty good. Now, I met a dude online named Hank Jiang who helped me out. Well, back then Hank was working for Rockstar Games, yes the same Rockstar that makes Grand Theft Auto, and he and I talked online and he made the Sentinel and the WarHammer Characters for me…and I have been pleased every day I looked at it.

So, the way that I put it all together was by giving them (Sentinels) a history and a background, home planet and a purpose in the comic. What it came out to was the Sentinels were in ancient race created in the beginning to serve the Lord throughout the galaxy. But, they lived in a distant world and the reason for that was to let others know that the Christ speaks to not just us…but them out there as well.

Now they travel with ships when they want, but they usually travel through Voids (things that connect the spiritual and natural worlds together) and travel back and forth between worlds and areas at the speed of thought.

What that makes is for a pretty cool series of events that the comic can now jump in and out of. But, the mech (almost forgot) can move on its own and work on its own, but it is a symbiotic parasite kind of bio organism. It has one owner, and can latch on to the host and become and extension of the host or itself…either way it is freaky.

WarHammer

This is Sentinel's Symbiotic Host transport

Oh, I am working on getting t-shirts of this and other characters from a cool dude out of Florida, Sad Monkey – Daniel Davidson (cool, real cool dude).

Sad Monkey and SN designed

Sad Monkey designed this for SN- NICE!

talk to ya later.

lance

[Via http://secularnought.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment