Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I believe I have had enough!

I love my husband.  I do…I really do.  But I have had enough of his 16 year old  Juvenile delinquent son!  My step son, as some of you know, was arrested this summer around the end of June.  5 felony counts which were dropped down to only the weapons charge (as if that isn’t bad enough) in a plea agreement.  All he has to do is be drug tested now twice a week (that was only once but the parole officer upped that one), pay a 300 dollar fine, write a paper on peer pressure, do 24 hours of community service, go to school, stay away from his druggy friends, and get counseling.  Well guess what…he can’t do any of it, except the drug tests which have come up, according to the parole officer, diluted hence (yes I said hence) the upping of the testing from once a week to twice.

He has been leaving the house without telling anyone, hanging out with his drug addict friends (who are all over 18 by the way) skipping school, punching holes in our walls,and being a general pain in the rear.  My husband said this past weekend he had finally had enough and that he wasn’t allowed to come back to our house, in fact he was going to call the parole officer and tell her what was going on and probably the kid would end up in the detention center.  GOOD!  That is what he needs!  But guess what…one call from his ex and it is back to the same old crap.  And honestly I am so totally done with it.  My kids have moved out, and in with their dad because my step son is so violent and they are afraid of him.  My health is not great because of the stress.  Frankly, I have been gracious, forgiving and patient…but how much is enough?

Maybe I’m not being a good christian because I have given up…or have I actually given up if in fact I want him to get help that we as parents cannot provide him?  His mom and dad are not strong enough to deal with him.  I am definitely not strong enough to deal with him.

so, today I told my husband that I cannot be here any more when his son is here.  I’m not sure where I will go or what I will do, but I am tired of being put in last place, of our whole family being put in  last place because of this kid who doesn’t give a darn about anyone but  himself.   I just don’t know at this point what else to do!

I believe I  have had enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment