Monday, September 7, 2009

I would most like to meet...

suggested by Testube

“Describe one living person that you admire and hope to meet one day.”

It’s funny how I was hoping that a prompt like this would pop up sometime, and it already does on only my third response to a prompt.

If you know me, you already know the answer. If you don’t, it’s about time that you know that I absolutely adore Josh Hamilton.

Josh Hamilton’s story of redemption is most likely the greatest I’ve ever heard, and that’s not hyperbole. If you don’t believe that God still does amazing things, I suggest that you take a look at what He has done in Josh’s life. It’s seriously amazing.

Rather than try to summarize Josh’s story myself, I’ll let Josh do the talking:

Here’s another good one:

If you’re a Christian, I don’t think there’s even a need for me to explain why I love Josh Hamilton, but I will anyway. The guy hits a record 28 home runs in the 2008 Home Run Derby and is asked during this year’s All-Star Break what his favorite part of it all was and he says that his favorite part was sharing Christ to millions on TV. Josh is using his platform to give glory to God on and off the field. I can only hope that I can live my life in a similar way.

Josh’s story gives hope to drug addicts and warns those who aren’t addicted to never even be put in a situation that could cause one to fall into an addiction. I hate the taste of alcohol, so I doubt I’ll ever drink, but even if I liked the taste, after hearing what happened to Josh, I really don’t think I would start drinking.

I hope with all my heart to meet Josh one day. I want to encourage him and talk with him about what God has done in his life. I think that would be so cool. Josh, if you read this, contact me, lol.

I’ll conclude this with the verse that Josh found so helpful when he was trying to get his life back together:

“So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”

—James 4:7 (NLT)

[Via http://briisunashamed.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment