Friday, September 25, 2009

Weed's Friend

When Weed’s life started to go down the toilet, he was involved with Goth Girl.

Goth Girl was his first serious girlfriend and even though his decisions were his decisions, she was the one who introduced him to the people that offered up the opportunity to make those bad decisions.

There were a lot of “friends” who used to come in and out all the time and one of them was Lulu.

Lulu was a really sweet girl and I really liked her a lot. She was always laughing and being silly.. of course, she was probably always like that because she was wasted all the time but at least she knocked on the door before she came into the house.. would actually say “hi” and “see ya” and would stop and have a conversation with me and Chief when she was here.

Believe me, that was ALOT more then his other friends did.

Anyway.. after Weed got kicked out, I didn’t see Lulu anymore. Not that that was unusual.. I didn’t see anyone after he got kicked out and I liked that just fine.

A few weeks ago, I was getting dinner from Mickey D’s and they forgot to give me one of the burgers. I didn’t find out until I got home so I had to drive back. When I went through the drive thru again, guess who was at the window handing over my missing burger?

Yep.

Lulu.

I was like OMG! LULU! but she was just like, “… hey.”

So I kind of figured that maybe to others around her, it would seem like she was giving me something free so I just drove home but I was glad to see that she had a job and said as much when I relayed what happened to Chief.

A few days later, Lulu came into the store.

The reason why I haven’t seen her had nothing to do with Weed being thrown out. From what she said, she had been arrested last year because she got caught with a needle. I didn’t realize how deep she was into drugs and honestly, it made me wonder how deep Weed was involved in them.

Anyway.. so she told me that she did a month in the county jail and when she was released, she was on house arrested. It was then that she realized that she had to get her life together and got her GED.. got the job at McDondalds.. and has been working towards getting into college.

She told me that she’s been completely clean for 9 months, dumped her old friends and does nothing but study and go to work.

I was SO proud of her and told her so..  I told her that it was great seeing her and great that she turned herself around.

So yesterday I was at the shop killing time with my father-in-law when Weed walks in… with Lulu.

I was surprised.

Really surprised.

She was going to work and stopped in to get something to eat that wasn’t fast food. I made her the sandwich and then they left.

I explained to my father-in-law who Lulu was and told him that I didn’t know if them hanging out together meant that Weed was straightening out OR that Lulu was backsliding.

I really, really hope it’s the latter

No comments:

Post a Comment