Saturday, March 6, 2010

PcPeople VS Pissy People..?

I’ve been reading through quite a few comments on Youtube about Christofer Drew of NeverShoutNever’s new song for the new Almost Alice CD titled “SeeWhatWeSeas.” I, myself, read through the lyrics, listened to the song multiple times, and I’ve come to a conclusion. I’m pretty sure it’s a safe one and many would agree If they just take the time to listen to the song, watch the movie, and think for about five minutes.

1) PCP, also known as Phencyclidine, is a drug which causes a distant, detached feeling. Numbness can also occur, as can loss of coordination and slurred speech. Along with that, a feeling of invulnerability or a sense of strength can also result from a moderate amount. A blank stare, rapid and involuntary eye movements, image distortion, severe mood disorders, and amnesia may also occur. PCP can also cause acute anxiety and a feeling of impending doom. It can sometimes cause paranoia, violent hostility, and it can also produce a psychoses indistinguishable from schizophrenia. Hallucination is also common.

More information can be found here: http://www.drugs.com/pcp.html

2) This song was written for the “Almost Alice” CD. As in, it won’t in the movie. If anyone hasn’t noticed, the songs that are on the CD are SUPPOSED to be trippy. Personally, I haven’t heard EVERY song, however, I do believe NeverShoutNever has the absolute best song. It seems to be PERFECT for the movie. Even if these songs are NOT featured in the movie, they’re suppose to be about the movie, correct? Or, inspired by the movie. It all makes sense.

3) The whole damn movie is basically an illusion. The movie is suppose to seem like you’re on an acid trip, or just a trip. The songs are suppose to be the same way. It all makes sense. Christofer Drew didn’t change a damn thing about his writing style. Or his musical style. NOTHING has changed! It was written FOR the movie. This movie definitely had Christofer Drew written all over it. Even if you do not like his past/present drug use, you know in the back of your mind, it was all too fitting. I think it’d be pretty crazy to write a song about this movie. Definitely a favorite of mine when I was little. I’m sure this version will be just as great!

Now that I’ve gotten all of that out of my system, I’m going to try and explain my whole opinion on the matter. It was probably suppose to sound like he was saying ‘pissy.’ In fact, I know he is. However, this movie is all about a trip. Pissy People sounds like PCPeople, as in, PCP. It’s a movie about drugs. There’s going to be drug associated lyrics in the songs. That’s just how it is. Personally, I think it’s a great song and I know it’ll be a great movie.

Now, PLEASE, leave Christofer Drew alone! A lot of other artists wrote songs for the CD, too.

Remember, Christofer Drew is a huge fan of The Beatles. This actually sort of sounds like one of their songs. I recognized it. Both my aunt and dad did, as well. Anyways, I’m done ranting. I just had to get this out of my system. x_X

On a side note, I’m seeing the movie tonight. (:

[Via http://seewhatweseas.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment